Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bad Habits

I've gotten into a fairly bad habit with games recently. Well, I actually don't know if it's so much a bad habit or a normal thing. It's just that I keep seeming to buy new games, and only play them for a short while, then move onto something else. I've got a load of games now that I've only played very briefly, some I haven't even started. Though I just really like buying new games, whether a new release or a bargain I've just got to have it. Even now I'm thinking of picking up Viewtiful Joe 2 or King of Fighters Maximum impact from EB, and shit Viewtiful Joe, while it was really cool, was too goddamn hard and just pissed me off. I think I might of posted about this before, but it's just getting worse now.

Though in my defence, I will play right through a game if I really get into it. Also most of the time I'll play a game up to a point where it just annoys me with some sort of stupid difficulty, or I just get bored with it. The difficulty thing is quite an important thing for me, since I like to play a few different games, I don't want to have to "perfect" everything in a goddamn game just to pass a level, it's pointless, that's what "hard" or "ultra-hard" modes are for. "Normal" mode should be enjoyable, not a bloody trial.

I'm also still playing a bit of Counter-Strike, I thought it might be one of those things that I just needed to get out of my system, guess not. It probably won't last too long, it just takes time away from other games. It's just so addictive.

I just noticed that the weekly special over at Play-Asia is Armored Core Formula Front on PSP. Now I've read that this game is a mech simulator, you build a custom mech and then it fights a simulated battle, and I know that there is so much fucking Japanese in the game that it difficult to play. But...I just want to buy it because it's $29!