Friday, June 10, 2005

New Acquisitions

I know I said before in one of my recent posts that I didn't find much of interest at the recent EB sale, I kind of lied. Well at the time it wasn't a lie, but I dropped by there on the way home from work and pick up a couple of things. After reading the sale catalogue I noticed that House of the Dead III on Xbox was a 40% off title, I've wanted a copy for quite a while but it always fairly hard to find. So this instantly re-ignited my interest in the sale. I got to the store and asked the guy I know quite well if they had any copies of HotD 3, expecting that they didn't when all of a sudden he says "Yeah, one just came in today" Score!. The great thing about HotD 3 is that is also includes HotD 2 as well. I currently don't have a light gun for my Xbox, but I'll work something out.

So after grabbing that he also recommended I check out Breath of Fire 5 on PS2. Since it was 50% off, cel-shaded and a Capcom game, I thought I would give it a try. Hey it's $25, and I've made worse investments (Crimson Sea 2 I'm looking at you).

I also managed to score a demo of God of War, the PS2 action game that everyone seems to be raving about. I'll give that a play soonish and write up some impressions of it.

I've also been playing a bit of FarCry over the past few days, I have mixed feelings about the game, but I'll post some impressions soon.

Oh and that game I mentioned below is Sonic Gems Collection, click here for a link to Sega Europe. It's currently listed with a date of September 2005.