Sunday, August 07, 2005

WOW

Sorry to anyone who likes to read this site on a regular basis, or even every now and then for the lack of updates. The reason for it is that I recently bit the bullet and bought World Of Warcraft. Don't ask me why as I couldn't tell you, I just had the sudden urge to experience it, even though I used to be fairly opposed to paying an monthly fee to play a game. However now that I have broadband and can afford the fees I didn't see a reason not to try it out.

I'd always wondered what the attraction to these games was, especially WOW, and now I know. The massive size of these games is immense and overwhelming. Though the thing that I enjoy most is the commradre, helping other people out and also having people give me a hand when I need it. That's where I think the attraction lies, as well as the gameplay and levelling up characters and questing, it's being able to meet, chat and play with people who enjoy something you do.

Seeing as there are no Australian servers for WOW, I'm playing on one that I have no idea where it is. The pings aren't bad, and you get some lag ever now and then, but so do most people as well.

If you want to meet up with me in the game, my name is Raveous and I'm on the Draenor server.