Monday, November 22, 2004

Gaming on a Budget 4



Well another day another bargain. This times it's the long loved franchise Metal Gear Solid. The bargain, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox. Price payed: $36. A bargain indeed.

Now I know that MGS:2 is a fairly old game, and MGS3 is due out here in a month or so. But I don't have it in my collection and have played it but never finished it. Plus Substance comes with a load of extras which I would like to check out, and with MGS3 being available soon, I want to at least finish MGS2 first.

I'm not one of the Old Skool players of the MGS series who have been into it since the NES days. I originally picked up the import for the PSX back in about '98. I've got some fond memories of playing though that game and finishing it, all in Japanese as well. Plus I don't know if I prefer the MGS series over something like Splinter Cell, but I really love the feeling and atmosphere portrayed in the games. Good times.