Thursday, November 18, 2004

Hadouken



I haven't posted anything in a month, and I don't really have an excuse for it at all. But from now on this site will be updated a the very least on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'll have more game write-up's and the such as well since I've been picking up a few more titles recently.

I also had to buy a new Xbox because mine was just giving me far too much grief, after taking it apart 3 times and adjusting the DVD-Rom, it just wasn't reliable enough. So traded it in at EB and picked up the new Ultimate Entertainment Pack, not a bad deal, and now I finally have a reliable Xbox.

Anyway onto the fun. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for the Xbox. I had pretty much forgotten about this getting a PAL release until there was some news around about the region free Japanese version.

Apart from being ridiculously hard or harder than I remember it's nice to be able to play Street Fighter II again, and get a chance to play Street Fighter 3rd strike which I didn't get around to picking up on the Dreamcast.

I'm fairly sure the difficulty is related to playing the game with the Xbox pad, I really can't get used to it. You have to use the Black and White buttons, and they just aren't accessible enough when playing something fast paced like SF3:TS.

There isn't the depth present in the recent SNK vs Capcom series. The game it's self is pretty shallow, and probably only worth about $50 for a quick thrash. Nice to go back to everynow and then, plus it has Live support, oh and the Street Fighter Animated Movie, even if the quality is pretty shite.