Monday, January 03, 2005

Gaming On A Budget 6

After checking out the sale at a couple of EB stores and finding nothing of real interest, I decided to pick up Crimson Sea 2 for the PS2, $25 and I thought what the hell. I had no idea what it's like at all. It's a sequel to the original that was relapsed on the Xbox, which incidentally I've never played. I don't really know what it is with sales in game stores, I always want to buy something but I'll be buggered if the stuff on sale either doesn't really interest me or I already own it. Sure EB had a few good titles going and at some decent prices, but shit I've already got them. Not many other stores were any better, with Target actually having a sale but still not reducing the 15, yes 15 copies of Ridge Racer V. Now recently I've been wanting to buy a copy of RRV, but there is no way I'm paying $69.95 for it. Sure maybe $30, but damn it's a 5 year old game. Another Targe had 5 copies of it, so it's sure to be reduced at some point.

The thing is with Crimson Sea 2, is that it could probably be a great game if for one it wasn't so god damn hard, and two the camera was batter.

I found out about the difficulty only after finally getting passed the fist stage, and getting owned on the second. Now I like a game that is a challenge, shit I play Ninja Gaiden, but this game is just way too intense at times. Even on the first stage which has the easiest rating, is goddamn hard. I decided after that I didn't want to spend half my time replaying the same goddamn stage and decided to restart the game on Easy. The game is much more playable and fun on Easy, which is how it should be. Having to replay the same goddamn level over and over because you die right at the end just pisses me off and ends up making game more frustrating that enjoyable.

I'll play through a little more of the game and see how it works out, some of the combat isn't bad but at times with the awkward camera you find yourself in a position which is less than advantages. The weapon upgrade system is ok, I'll see how that pans out.