Thursday, January 27, 2005

Gaming On A Budget 7

Because Wednesday was Australia Day and I didn't have a great deal to do (besides playing Lumines) I decided to take a trip to EB. Now I was in the mood to purchase something, but I had no idea what. I remember seeing a game called Gregory Horror Show laying around the shelves for a while, and I had read a few little thing about it being quite good, but that was all, I had no idea what the hell it was about. So I picked it up and looked it over again, contemplating if it was the $29.95 price tag. I decided it was and discovered a very wacky Japanese game.

Gregory Horror Show is first and foremost extremely strange. I played it for a little over and hour and even that was enough to surprise me. At it most simplistic level it's a puzzle solving game. The story is that you are trapped in a hotel and must collect the should of the other guest, give them to Death and then you will be free to leave. It's got a quite interesting style to it, sort of a 3D cartoon look. It's got a great cast of characters and the English voice acting is actually quite good. It's also got a 60Hz mode which surprised me as well.

I'm no sure how hard it is to get hold of, but it's not that old. On a plus side it buy those crazy guys at Capcom, so you pretty much know it's going to be interesting. I'll get into the game some more and see if there is anything else worth mentioning.

I also managed to finally get a copy of Otogi, I've been wanting to play this game for a while now but it's always been quite expensive or hard to find. Anyway I managed to get a copy for a song, so I'll post something about that soon. I know it kind of an old game, but it does seem kind of appropriate since Otogi 2 is coming out soon.