Tuesday, January 11, 2005

PSP, In My Hands!

I know I said I was going to wait for an Australian release of the Sony PSP, but when your offered one at the Japanese retail price, it's kinda hard to resist, and I folded faster than a house of cards.

This is all due to one of the guys I work with going to Japan, who then decided to purchase a PSP for himself. This just pushed me over the edge and I had to have one. So I now have a PSP Value Pack and copy of Ridge Racers.

I spent most of tonight fiddling with the unit, putting video and MP3's onto it and just messing around. Video looks great and the sounds awesome. I ripped some footage from the Ministry of Sound 2003 DVD Annual and it works a treat. Also spend some time on Ridge Racers, and I also borrowed a copy of Lumines from my mate. Jesus that game is insane, I just kept playing it, trying to get to the next level. I'd played it for an hour before even knowing it. But it's a great game and definitely worth picking up. So I'll consider grabbing that later.

I'll post some more impressions of it in the next few days as well as some pics.