Thursday, April 07, 2005

Cable Nightmare

Recently I’ve been noticing the mass of cables behind my TV cabinet, and it seems to be getting steadily worse. At first they were all nice and neat, tied up and run properly, but as I’ve added new things and moved devices about it’s really gotten out of hand.

So I’ve decided that I’m going to finally re-cable it this weekend. I was going to wait until my new JVC component switcher was in but it’s on backorder and could be a while, and every time I see the mass of cables now I get the urge to pull it all out and start over.

I’ll post some pics of what it looks like now and a few of it when it’s done, just for the sake of it, plus you get to see my cabling skills are any good.

On the gaming side of things, I finally managed to spend some more time with Metal Gear Solid 3, and it’s still holding my interest. For some reason I really love the cut scenes, at time I just can’t wait to see them to see how the story is going to unfold and the action in them is fantastic. Also I’ve noticed that the handgun is really accurate, or that I’m just really good at getting headshots. Either way there is some immense satisfaction in stealthy picking off 3 guards.