Thursday, April 14, 2005

Tweaking

So the JPN PS2 that I bought from eBay finally arrived, and lo and behold it doesn't work 100%. I've only tested DVDs on it so far, and they are hardly a benchmark for this type of thing, regardless it just didn't want to participate in my little trial. So I had the bloody thing apart and tweaked the laser height, it will now play most things fine, with it still being picky about certain things. So today I just decided to order Katamari Damacy and see if the unit will actually play games, which at the end of the day is what I bought the unit for in the first place. I'm sure with a little tweaking it will be fine.

It also seems I might have jumped the gun with the info about La Pucelle Tactics. I went into EB tonight and the "magically" had it in stock, so I have no idea what is going on there. So if you still after it, try hitting up your local EB, that is if you can stand the hordes of the great unwashed that frequent there these days.

My copy of La Pucelle Tactics shipped today, so hopefully I’ll put up some impressions of it next week. I should have Wipeout Pure for the PSP soon also, since it shipped about a week ago and I’ve yet to see it, hopefully tomorrow.

Also a nice picture of my PS2 in bits, Enjoy!