Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Making Things Hard



It looks like SCEE have announced another release date for the PAL release of GT4, it's now scheduled for March 9th. As always with dates for GT4, it's hard to say if they are going to stick, even though the game is only being translated now for various European languages any number of numerous delays could push it back. But here's hoping that the date is the final one, after reading about the Japanese version of GT4, I'm quite keen for it.

With Resident Evil 4 soon to be released here and the new Zelda on the horizon, I've been thinking of picking up a Gamecube. I was thinking about maybe the Platinum version or the Black, but the colour isn't that important. One of the things that's been putting me off is the lack of hook-up options for the Gamecube. Now most people know that the PAL GC doesn't support S-Video, I have no idea why, even the Sega Saturn had an S-Video option for it. This creates a sort of dilemma for me, I can only run the Gamecube Composite of Component. Composite makes everything looks like arse, so it's going to have to be Component. Problem there is I would then have to buy a component switcher, because my TV only has one set of component inputs and my DVD player currently uses them. So that just creates more expense, especially when I have a perfectly good S-Video switcher. I could just run composite an save myself a lot of hassle but, it just looks nasty.

Apart from that the audio options on the Gamecube are also pretty average, with no optical out, the Gamecube is again an effort to hook into my current set up. It's as if it was made to not integrate into my set-up. A right effort if ever there was one.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait for the moment and see if Nintendo bring out any sort of package with RE4.