Sunday, February 20, 2005

Small, Square and Silver!



Sitting here listing to my puter server up random music to me, I'm in quite a good mood strangely. Maybe because I am now the owner of a shiny new Gamecube Platinum, yay! Though I don't have any games, a memory card or a component cable isn't an issues, because I'm sure I'll sort it this week. I mainly picked up a "Cube" to play Resident Evil 4, which everyone is raving about. I'll pick up a copy of Wind Walker this week, the Limited Edition one, that has the extra disc with Ocarina Of Time, I just have a urge to play it.

Now I could of saved myself some cash and just picked up a copy of RE4 for the PS2, but I don't really feel like waiting a year to play what is probably going to be an inferior port. Also there is the new Zelda and all that, so yeah a Cube was needed. Plus the platinum cube does look quite nice, all the grey marries quite well with the silver.

On the Phantom Brave side of things, I've put about 10 hours into it now and up to about Chapter 6. Now the box says it's 20 chapters game to I'm about 1/4 into it, which isn't a great deal. The main thing I have found is that you really do need to level characters quite a bit so you don't get mashed in a new chapter. But having a decent team is great because it makes those chapters much more enjoyable when you don't have to play them over again. I actually quite like doing the random dungeon thing, since you get more cash, extra items, loads of experience plus you get titles which you can assign to your characters and weapons to upgrade their stats. The only problem is once you complete a dungeon, you always feel like, ohhh ok just one more ;)