Saturday, March 05, 2005

It's Finally Happened

Well it's happened, I now I far more games than I have time to play, it's just plain out of hand at the moment. But being the way I am, I'm still picking stuff up. I was in EB today, talking to one of the guys I know and he mentioned that there is a Limited Edition of Metal Gear Solid 3 exclusive to EB on pre-order. Then I mentioned that Devil May Cry 3 was out soon, and he then said that you get a t-shirt if you pre-order it. I then handed over $20, and secured two pre-orders.

The thing is there are about 4 games due out in the next month that I intend picking up, I don't have time to play the ones I have at the moment, let alone all these must have new release. Have a look at these:

Metal Gear Solid 3 - 09/3
Gran Turismo 4 - 10/3
Devil May Cry 3 - 25/3
Resident Evil 3 - 23/3

Though to be honest I'm most looking forward to GT4, and have been for, well since it was announced. I'm happy that the game is finally getting released, god knows I'll probably be speechless when I finally play it.

Well after a goddamn long week, something good happened. I managed to get hold of my 1019 Gamecube mem card, and my copies of Wind Waker and Metorid Prime.

Since I also had a copy of F-Zero which I hadn't played I checked that out first last night. It's not a bad game, I find it fairly difficult though even at the start. I played one tournament on Novice which wasn't too bad, but the second chapter on Story mode took me far too many tries.

Today I spent a bit of time playing Zelda: Win Waker, damn I love that game. I don't know why people complained about the cel-shading in it at first, it's so well done and suits the game perfectly. I played it for a few hours but will definably play it all the way through. I love the way Zelda games are structured, and it's just a joy to play. It's also got the bonus disc with Ocarina Of Time, which I only looked at quickly, but it doesn't look that bad, brings back some memories as well.

I also played Metroid Prime for a few hours tonight as well. I'm really getting into the game, it took me a while to grasp what the hell I was doing and how to go about things, but now I've worked it out I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure about the controller though, at times it just seems a little sluggish and slow. The game has great visuals though and the music at times is really wicked.