Thursday, March 17, 2005

Limited Metal Edition



Well here it is, the much anticipated Limited Metal Edition of Metal Gear Solid 3. I picked this up in EB tonight but haven't had a chance to actually play the game yet, I'll check it out over the weekend. With regards to the metal case that this game comes housed in, it's quite similar to the metal case for Halo 2. It also comes with a very nice game manual, contained within are plenty of the usual MGS offerings, with artwork and the such. Sorry about the rubbish picture, but because it's metal it just reflects everything.

How hard it is to acquire these limited MGS3's I have no idea. One of the guys in my local EB I know quite well and who has no reason to try and put the hard sell on me, mentioned that they are only available through EB. Since none of the online retailers that I peruse seem to list it I'm lead to believe that it may in fact be true. I'll have a look around some other local stores and see who's got what. One interesting thing to note is that the case has a PEGI rating on it (partially covered by the Australia rating sticker) which means it's from Europe, usually the UK. However the only mention of this metal edition I've seen thus far is that it's available from some French retailers, and the case just says Made in Austria, which to be honest doesn't mean much at all. So as to it's availability I have no idea, but for coolness factor and collection sake, try and pick one up ;)