Saturday, March 26, 2005

Zombie vs Shotgun

After completing Resident Evil 4, I cant honestly say that no game, for a long time has possed such a force that has compelled me to play it until it was complete. Now I don't get around to completing many games, I usually come to a part that really tries my patience and stop playing it with either the intention of going back and just don't or going onto another game.

I just couldn't put RE4 down. Maybe it was because there was never a section that I didn't think I could beat, even the boss battles. Sure some were challenging, like most of the game was. Just due to the fact that you are rationed ammo through out, which makes you cherish what you have, and crave more like some kind of gun junkie. There is also plenty of replay value there, especially once you complete the game and the extra options that come with that.

I threw in Devil May Cry 3 today, just to see how that fares. All I can say is Jesus Christ. Sure the first game was probably a little to easy, but damn this is just insane hard. Just on the first boss I got owned about 3-4 times, the FIRST boss. What the hell is that about?

Though I do have to say, the cut scenes are great, just the wicked style and attitude that DMC is. Once you see them you'll understand. I didn't play a great deal of it, just until the end of Stage 2. Though it's pretty much standard DMC gameplay, sword, two guns and totally insane carnage. There are the new "styles" now though, I'm not sure how much bearing they have on the overall gameplay, I just know that they affect what your certain "stylish move" is. I'm not sure though, I really hate games that make me play the same goddamn level over and over because I died fighting the boss. Sure replay the boss fight, but why the whole level, I don't have time for that shit.

Oh some pics of the RE4:Collector Edition.