Tuesday, March 15, 2005

More News or Just Hype?

Sorry for the late post, I was going to do it last night but after a session of Gran Turismo 4 I looked at the clock and realised how late it was, then remembered I hadn't posted anything.

I've been putting most of my time into GT4 at the moment so I don't know if Metal Gear Solid 3 is going to get any playtime when it's released in Thursday. Even with all the time I've put into GT4 so far I'm still not at 20%, though I am starting to unlock some decent cars. I'll try and post some more pics from Photo Mode later tonight.

I don't know if everyone has seen the bad news, but the PSP has been delayed in Europe for several months, yes this sadly includes us. How long several months is, who knows, but I would say it would be over 3, which is a goddamn long time.

With the recent GDC, there has been a lot of talk and speculation surrounding the next gen consoles. The reason I haven't really posted much about this is because in all honesty, it's still just speculation. None of the big three companies are willing to reveal what the current hardware plans are until E3, so everyone seems to be kicking off about something that at the moment is just pure speculation.

The article that Xbox.ign posted which has some nice info, is just based on Alpha and Beta kits. I'm sure the info of the final Xbox 2 is going to be extremely powerful, but why not just wait till E3 and not just guess on these things. I know the IGN article does have info that will undoubtable be true, but these days there is just too much info that's just nonsense.

In all reality though I do still lap all this info up like some kind of animal depraved of next gen info, and usually find myself disappointed because everything just gets so overly hyped these days. I am very excited to see how things pan out at E3 this year though, it's going to be one of the biggest E3's ever, and it's only a couple of months away.