Saturday, March 12, 2005

Many Hours Ahead



After putting a few more hours into GT4, I still have to say that it's an excellent game. At times the difficulty seems to oscillate between very easy, and just frustratingly difficult. One thing that does annoy me is the penalty that is imposed in certain races. I've only noticed it in the Rally stages so far, and I can see why it's there, however it's not implemented extremely well. On the rally tracks if you hit the other car, or a wall at a certain speed you receive a penalty of 50km/h for 5 seconds. That's fine, it's when the other car hits me mid corner and I still receive the penalty and the AI just races off, or I get hit from behind and the AI still doesn't receive a penalty. On the plus side though the rally stages are great, and the first few a fairly easy and get you into the flow. Though Cita Di Aria reverse is still a real shocker.

I'm loving the music in the game, there is a really great variety from a selection on genera's and artists. Plus the jukebox mode is also very useful so you can customise the music you race to and such.

The Arcade mode now seems to just be that, an arcade mode. Unlike previous GT's there isn't anything to complete, you can just go in there and race a range of cars on various tracks.

One thing I can't get over is that the amount of cars you need to own for certain races. Now that there are manufacturer, county, size, era, etcetera you need to own far, far too many cars. I just hope the money get a lot, lot better.