Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Devil May (Make You) Cry

I don't think I'm particularly bad a Devil May Cry 3, I even finished the first the original in one night. However after playing DMC3 for a little while, dying a few times, and then the game telling me that "Easy Mode" was now unlocked, I took it as a hint.

DMC 3 is hard, not even Ninja Gaiden hard, it's frustratingly hard to a point where you have to play though a chapter again just too try and beat some insanely hard boss. Oh and this game likes it's bosses, almost obsessive compulsive, one in each chapter.

Because I don't enjoy replaying the same level over and over, mainly because it hampers my enjoyment of the game, I decided to start the game over on easy. It's easy alright, too easy in some parts and Devil May Cry 1 easy in others, but it's a lot more enjoyable. If they had made the game slightly harder than easy mode, then it would have been perfect, this game just isn't right to be overly hard.

In the end though, it's still a fun game eve on easy mode, plus it's stylish as hell and worth a look.